Asogli Yam Festival takes place in September, usually in the last few weeks of the months. Its a harvest festival that gives praise to the gods. It is an occasion to offer prayers for good health throughout the year and prosperity for all and to foster unity through forgiveness and reconciliation.
Cooked yam is sprinkled at the various shrines. This is done before any one is allowed to cook and taste the real yam.
There is usually a grand durbar of chiefs where the Paramount chief sits in state to receive homage from his sub-chiefs.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Movies Now showing at Global Cinemas now called Functions in Weija, Accra this week don’t miss them!
- Jamestown Cafe delivering a unique bohemian vibe through music performance and drinks
- How to add a listing on viewGhana
- Airports in Ghana and where you can fly to
- Is Accra safe for tourist?
- Where is Accra in the world?
- The Oti Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Bono East Region – part of the new six regions of Ghana
- Bono Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Ahafo Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Savannah Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The North East Region – part of the new regions of Ghana