Take a guided tour of Ghana and experience more than you can imagine. The thing about touring yourself in Ghana is that you can miss the detail. Guided tours of Accra and the Ghana regions with a tour guide or tour group offer a chance for you to sit back and absorb yourself into the experience.
You re not worrying about where your driver has parked and if he understood that you we will be coming back early. You are not worrying where the next petrol station is as you travel deeper into Ghana or where you can have a pit stop. Or you are worried you have have made the wrong turn into and now are lost in a Makola market. If this is you then its time to consider a guided Ghana tour.
What type of guided Ghana tours are available to book online?
The types of tours that can be booked online range from Accra city tours where you can walk around James Town to even a unique excursion to Agbogbloshie where you can take an eye opening tour to see how people are transforming and recycle some of the e waste products that are shipped/dumped into Ghana into more useful products.
Or take an off the grid excursion where you start at the village of Tafi, then see the Mona monkey, (the mona monkey is an Old World monkey that lives in western Africa between Ghana and Cameroon) before swimming in the natural plunge pool of the Wlii waterfalls.
The type of guided Ghana tour you want to experience down to your preference, we have listed below some tours starting from $75.
30 guided Ghana tours and experiences that can be booked online
Just in case you need some help deciding which type of tour to take in Ghana below are 8 of the most most popular Ghana tours and what they offer
- Cape Coast Castle: A poignant reminder of Ghana’s historical role in the transatlantic slave trade.
- Kakum National Park: Immerse yourself in a unique rainforest experience with its renowned canopy walkway.
- Mole National Park: Ghana’s largest wildlife refuge, home to elephants, antelopes, and diverse bird species.
- Wli Waterfalls: Witness the breathtaking beauty of West Africa’s highest waterfall in the Volta Region.
- Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum: Explore the life and legacy of Ghana’s first president, Kwame Nkrumah.
- Lake Volta: Cruise on one of the world’s largest artificial lakes, surrounded by scenic landscapes.
- Elmina Castle: Delve into history with this castle, echoing the stories of the transatlantic slave trade.
- Nzulezu Stilt Village: Experience a unique cultural encounter in this village built on stilts over Lake Tadane.
The popular 8 attractions are well worth touring in Ghana and a must for any bucket list. Alternatively if you have a suggestion to add to this list let us know in the comments below.