You have migrated to Ghana or are thinking of migrating but you want to legitimise your foreign driving license. Here are a few simple steps to follow to help.
If you have a valid foreign driving license and you want to convert it to a Ghanaian driving license, you will need to follow these steps:
3 steps to getting a foreign licence converted into Ghana driving licence?
- Obtain a medical certificate: Visit a government-approved hospital or clinic to get a medical certificate indicating that you are physically and mentally fit to drive.
- Fill out an application form: Obtain an application form for a driving license from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) of Ghana office or their website and fill it out.
- Provide required documents: Bring the following documents to the DVLA office:
- Your original foreign driving license
- A valid passport or other form of identification
- A valid resident permit or work permit
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Your medical certificate
- Pay the fee: Pay the fee for the driving license conversion at the DVLA office.
- Take a driving test (if necessary): Depending on your driving experience and the country where your license was issued, you may be required to take a driving test. The DVLA will inform you if this is necessary.
- Receive your Ghanaian driving license: Once all requirements are met, your Ghanaian driving license will be issued to you.
It’s important to note that the process and requirements for converting a foreign driving license to a Ghanaian driving license may vary depending on the country where the license was issued. It is recommended to contact the DVLA for specific information on your situation.