“Asanka local is like a massive food hall serving all Ghanaian dishes simply and cost effectively. The vast venue can accommodate at least a 100 people. This is the place that the locals of Osu like to go and just eat. You will meet all sorts of people from all works of life here. Its an assuming place from the outside but once you enter the venue seems to open out into what can only be described as a large open space with lots of chairs and tables.
Inside Asanka Local
Some novices to Ghanaian food may find the menu challenging but the waiters are always there to help. In most cases offering to bring a smorgasbord of everything so that you can sample. Asanka local opens at 8am every day till late.
Asanka Local is ideal for large groups as you know that everyone will leave with their bellies full. Be prepared to eat the traditional way with your hand. “It is a great place to experiment with ordering something based on the name alone – the extensive menu provides no clues about content if you aren’t familiar with local foods, and the waiters at times seem committed to maintaining that mystery”. Usually replying with a smile and saying “why don’t you try it”. The risk is worth taking though, and you won’t leave hungry.
The overall ambiance is casual and lively, with a bright pink bottles of liquid soap adding a strangely beautiful glow to each table. Don’t’ be afraid to share a bowl of fufu with your friend its normal.”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Movies Now showing at Global Cinemas now called Functions in Weija, Accra this week don’t miss them!
- Jamestown Cafe delivering a unique bohemian vibe through music performance and drinks
- How to add a listing on viewGhana
- Airports in Ghana and where you can fly to
- Is Accra safe for tourist?
- Where is Accra in the world?
- The Oti Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Bono East Region – part of the new six regions of Ghana
- Bono Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Ahafo Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Savannah Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The North East Region – part of the new regions of Ghana