“Off the busy Liberation road masked behind a green leafy high bush hides a bright yellow building. As we drive off the liberation road we thought that maybe the green leafy bush was erected to protect motorist from being distracted by the brightness of the building. The building itself from the outside looks very colonial as if it belongs in the deep south as a plantation house.
Shrimp @ La Chaumiere
But we know that La Chaumiere is not that old..ok well La Chaumiere prides itself as sophisticated French-Mediterranean restaurant catering to discerning diners and has been in Accra since 1992. This French focused venue with its menu which has hints of North African influences also prides it’s self on offering what we can only say is an extensive wine list to support the French-Mediterranean menu. We marvelled at the table service which was speedy and prompt with a smile. It can be said that when you look around Accra and Ghana places to eat come and go but La Chaumière has definitely being doing something right which has meant that it has been a main stay in Accra since 1992.
In keeping with the theme the menu is in French but with English translations underneath. We recommend the “Fiet Forestiere” which was Beef Fillet with creamy mushroom sauce. Served with s side order of frites (French fries) this was a welcome change from eating Banku and Talipia or Fufu or Jollof rice, others in the group tried the marinated prawns and the grilled Swordfish. Overall La Chaumiere had affordable prices combined with great tasting food made this place a must stop. The space is also great for late-night dates or for business meetings to impress clients.
We would say finally in the climate of competition La Chaumière remains one of Accra’s best and fanciest restaurants. It excels wit hold-school elegance, with soft lighting, polished wooden floors, classical music playing in the background”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Movies Now showing at Global Cinemas now called Functions in Weija, Accra this week don’t miss them!
- Jamestown Cafe delivering a unique bohemian vibe through music performance and drinks
- How to add a listing on viewGhana
- Airports in Ghana and where you can fly to
- Is Accra safe for tourist?
- Where is Accra in the world?
- The Oti Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Bono East Region – part of the new six regions of Ghana
- Bono Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Ahafo Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The Savannah Region – part of the six new regions of Ghana
- The North East Region – part of the new regions of Ghana